Stronger Together Conference in Chicago - July 2019
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Join us this summer for Stronger Together: 2019 Scientific and Family Conference, held at the Renaissance Downtown Chicago Hotel this July.
Check out our video from the last event: https://youtu.be/m6PtICzoB5Q
This event will bring together three congenital muscle disease nonprofit groups: Cure CMD (www.curecmd.org), A Foundation Building Strength (www.buildingstrength.org), and Team Titin (www.titinopathy.org), focused on three different but similar genetic neuromuscular conditions: Congenital Muscular Dystrophy, Nemaline Myopathy, and Titinopathy, respectively. While parents and caregivers learning the latest in care practices and research, young attendees will be able to bond with each other, watch a live small animal show, and see a superhero balloon magic show, sing karaoke, and more.
The conditions studied at this conference vary in severity from person to person. Many children will be in wheelchairs while others will still have the ability to walk. Regardless, we'll all be present to talk about improving the quality of life for those with rare neuromuscular diseases, how to self-advocate, and what's happening in research toward treatments and a cure.
For full information, please visit the event website at scifam.info.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel1 W Wacker Dr.Chicago, IL 60601
- Children Medical Services
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Individuals can volunteer all-day for two days, one day, or can volunteer in half-day (5-hour) segments.
- This opportunity is simple. Tasks that may be requested of the volunteer include, but are not limited to: directing human traffic, taking tickets, handing out goody bags, distributing and collecting flyers, running microphones, and similar tasks.