RANDOM ACTS INC
Reporting to the Outreach Director the Outreach Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Outreach Team. Working with the Senior Leadership the manager will support the team to make and support connections with existing and potential supporter communities. The Outreach Manager will work with the team to identify, create, and deliver resources and information for individuals, groups, and education organizations, both internally and externally, driving improved organizational communication and engagement.
- Guide the Outreach Department in exploring, developing, and strengthening community engagement and education via connections to educational organizations, niche communities, and key people whose goals overlap with those of Random Acts;
- Help develop and support "Friends of Random Acts" groups around the globe;
- Oversee the development and support of Student Groups and the Junior Volunteer Program at schools, colleges, and universities;
- Manage and support the creation of education and information documents and resources that support the mission of Random Acts and can be shared both through the internet and in-person;
- Oversee the library of resources, regularly scheduled reviews and updating of existing resources to ensure that the information is current;
- Direct workload including requests for information, research, resources, surveys and tools from internal and external sources;
- Oversee the production of assessment materials to evaluate engagement strategies and educational documents;
- Work with the Outreach Director to plan the strategic development of the Outreach Team to meet the goals and needs of Random Acts;
- Collaboratively set and track specific annual goals for the Outreach Team;
- Lead the Outreach team to achieve their annual goals;
- Communicate with other department managers within Random Acts to provide resources or information to assist with their duties;
- Any other tasks, projects, and activities assigned by the Outreach Director and/or other members of the Executive Team.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in stakeholder and relationship management, building and maintaining relationships with external contacts;
- Project/program management experience;
- Document library management experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in working for charitable causes or supporter/community engagement;
- Facilitation of online communities;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Leadership experience;
- Ability to work under the policies and procedures of Random Acts;
- Good IT skills and ability to work with various applications (e.g. Excel, Podio, Google Docs, etc.)
- Effective problem-solving skills;
- Regular access to the internet;
- Prefer Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.