Teen Coordinator Assistant
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Volunteer opportunity to assist our Teen Coordinator run our Teen Program.
The Teen Center provides a daily safe and private space for our 13-18 year old members where they can learn how to express themselves, participate in the creation of their own programs and find their voice. Teens also learn valuable skills to navigate through their academic and professional goals.
Monday - Thursday 4:15-5:00 pm and/or 5:00-6:00pm.
Volunteer activities could include:
- Homework help
- Acting as a mentor for teens
- Weight room supervision (experience required)
- Keystone Club leadership meeting discussion & participation
- Leading simple group activities
04:15 PM to 05:15 PM
05:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Alameda Boys & Girls Club
1900 Third Street, Alameda, CA 94501, US
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
About Alameda Boys & Girls Club
- Opens our doors to all kids from all schools and all backgrounds every day and evening after school, on week-ends, and during vacations and is the only facility in Alameda that provides this service.
- Continues a 62 year-old tradition of providing a safe and positive place for all youth ages 6 through 18.
- Serves over 3,000 youth in a new, state-of-the-art Youth Development Center and provides a community resource facility for everyone in Alameda.
- Engages and empowers those who need us the most: Over 40% of members are from single parent households, and over 60% come from economically-disadvantaged families.
- Supervises and administers programs in certified areas of youth development:
- Character, Leadership, Life Skills, and Career Education
- Math, Science, Reading, and Technology
- Arts and Crafts, and Performance and Digital Arts
- Sports, Recreation, and Fitness
- Gardening, Cooking, Health, and Nutrition
- Provides after-school homework help and tutoring.
- Offers free dental, vision, and medical screenings from local medical professionals and assists with access to follow-up care.
- Conducts programs on avoiding substance abuse, violence prevention, and home safety for children-- and offers individual and family counseling services.
- Partners with local schools, other community youth organizations, and non-profits to ensure that our members receive the services they need most.
- Motivates kids to return to tell their success stories and to give back to the community they call "home," by becoming mentors, coaches, volunteers, Board members, and donors.
- Enjoys a professional affiliation with the Boys and Girls Club of America, a national organization with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 2 shifts
Alameda Boys & Girls Club1900 3rd Streetrear bldgAlameda, CA 94501
- Youth Services
- Reading / Writing
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- 1-2 hours per week
- Complete a DOJ/FBI Live Scan at the Alameda Police Department