Clinic - Medical Services Intake Technician
The Medical Services Intake Technician works alongside the Processing Tech and Doctor as they facilitate the initial examination and other medical needs required in order to admit animals into the League. Processing is the first stop animals make in the shelter system. Duties include retrieving animals from their kennels, drawing up vaccines, preparing dewormer, setting up ear cytologies and skin scrapes for the Techs, photographing animals, giving flea baths, and documenting information.
- Must support the Animal Rescue League’s mission, policies and practices.
- Tolerance of unpleasant odors and noises, the sight of blood and needles, mucus and/or fecal matter.
- Strong emotional fortitude (some animals are admitted to the League in poor condition (emaciated, matted, flea infested, hit by cars, etc.).
- Comfortable volunteering in a space where humane decisions may have to be made.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Comfortable in a sterile and clinical environment
- Comfortable being near fearful and aggressive animals.
- Interest in veterinary medicine.
We'll work with your schedule.
3100/3200 North Military TrailWest Palm Beach, FL 33409
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one shift per week - Daily: 10AM-2PM; 2PM-6PM
- The ideal Processing Technician Assistant will have an interest in veterinary medicine and feel comfortable working in close contact with animals of all shapes, sizes, ages, and temperaments. Tasks include: drawing up vaccines; preparing de-wormer; p