Clinic - Medical Services Intake Technician
1 person is interested
The Medical Services Intake Technician works alongside the Processing Tech and Doctor as they facilitate the initial examination and other medical needs required in order to admit animals into the League. Processing is the first stop animals make in the shelter system. Duties include retrieving animals from their kennels, drawing up vaccines, preparing dewormer, setting up ear cytologies and skin scrapes for the Techs, photographing animals, giving flea baths, and documenting information.
- Must support the Animal Rescue League’s mission, policies and practices.
- Tolerance of unpleasant odors and noises, the sight of blood and needles, mucus and/or fecal matter.
- Strong emotional fortitude (some animals are admitted to the League in poor condition (emaciated, matted, flea infested, hit by cars, etc.).
- Comfortable volunteering in a space where humane decisions may have to be made.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Comfortable in a sterile and clinical environment
- Comfortable being near fearful and aggressive animals.
- Interest in veterinary medicine.
About Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League
3200 North Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33409, US
The Mission of the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League of the Palm Beaches, Incorporated is to provide shelter to lost, homeless and unwanted animals, to provide spay and neuter and other medical services for companion animals, and to care for, protect, and find quality homes for homeless and neglected companion animals, to advocate animal welfare, community involvement and education to further the bond between people and animals.
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League is a limited-admission humane society and provides services to over 30,000 cats, dogs, puppies and kittens each year. Operating continuously since 1925, we have been positively impacting animal welfare and addressing overpopulation in Palm Beach County through a variety of services.
Our Vision is to create a community where 100% of the adoptable animals find loving homes and no animals will be euthanized because of pet overpopulation.
Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, Humane Society of the Palm Beaches, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and does not receive funding from city, county, state, or the federal government, or local organizations with similar names. We rely solely on the generosity of individuals, foundations and corporations to provide quality programs and services to the community. Your donations directly support the services and programs in place to help animals in need.
We'll work with your schedule.
3100/3200 North Military TrailWest Palm Beach, FL 33409
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one shift per week - Daily: 10AM-2PM; 2PM-6PM
- The ideal Processing Technician Assistant will have an interest in veterinary medicine and feel comfortable working in close contact with animals of all shapes, sizes, ages, and temperaments. Tasks include: drawing up vaccines; preparing de-wormer; p