DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
The Development Department is responsible for all revenue received from individuals, corporate donors and foundations. Additionally, the department manages non-monetary partnerships that are focused on brand recognition and promotion. The Development intern will have an opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of business development, fundraising and the importance of working collaboratively with other entities within the AMVETS family.Development Intern Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in prospecting for corporate and foundation donors
- Assist in creating reporting and tracking mechanisms to support the communication with individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Assist with the planning and execution of special projects and programs related to fundraising and marketing campaigns
- Attend health fair and community outreach events
- Assist in drafting proposals, donor cultivation and donor communications
- Intermediate between the director and other employees to prevent agitations that may hinder the smooth flow of project execution
Requirements: Skills, knowledge and abilities required to be considered for the position of project assistant:
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Days and hours of work are flexible; however, primarily Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About AMVETS NATIONAL SERVICE FOUNDATION
4647 FORBES BLVD, LANHAM, MD 20706, US
To enhance and safeguard the entitlements for all American Veterans who have served honorably and to improve the quality of life for them, their families, and the communities where they live through leadership, advocacy and services.
As one of America’s leading veterans service organizations for more than 75 years, AMVETS has a proud history of assisting veterans and sponsoring numerous programs that serve our country and its citizens. Membership in AMVETS is open to anyone who honorably served, or currently serving, in the U.S. Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Reserves.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
4647 Forbes BlvdLanham, MD 20706
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Donor Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Days and hours of work are flexible; however, primarily Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.