Trainer for Tai Chi for Health and Balance
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Spectrum Generations Healthy Living 4 ME is in need of a volunteer trainer for our Tai Chi for Health and Balance classes. Tai Chi for Health and balance is an effective exercise to improve health and well-being. The program is proven to be effective in preventing falls and reliving pain for those with arthritis. Free training is provide, time frames are flexible after initial training. Classes typically last 2-3 hours, once a week, for 6 weeks.
Duties May Include:
- Ability to utilize technology to bring classes to consumers virtually as needed
- Prepare for each class by reviewing manual and materials
- Organize the classroom with chairs
- Present the program according to the directions, training and materials provide
- Demonstrate and coach exercises as outlined
- Monitor and connect with each participant
About Spectrum Generations
1 Weston Ct, PO Box 2589, Augusta, ME 04338, US
Promoting life-long learning, health, wellness, nutrition, community engagement and social well-being of all older and disabled adults.
Spectrum Generations spans four decades as a leading nonprofit provider of innovative solutions to the challenges of meals, care-giving, counseling, socialization, wellness, and life-long learning to seniors, maturing adults, and the disabled. Our mission is to secure positive outcomes through at-home and community-based services in rural, city, and small town settings for vulnerable aging and disabled populations.
- Offers a variety of assistance and services to seniors and disabled adults and their families ranging from a friendly helping hand to trained care including Meals on Wheels, Adult DayBreak, Family Caregiver Services, Money Management, and Bridges Personal Services and Care Management.
- Provides information about questions and concerns on a wide variety of issues that impact adults including Maine Care, Medicare, money-saving benefits programs as well as referral services and community presentations.
- Encourages the passions of aging and/or disabled adults and their families for lifelong learning through programs, classes, and workshops at our seven community centers.
- Provides opportunities and connections to participate in rewarding experiences such as social dining, travel, fitness and wellness programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.