The Membership Department Manages the dataset of all AMVETS members. We insure all the requirements set forth in our congressional charter are met.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing membership data
- Updating emails and communicating with members.
- Working on special membership initiatives.
- Attend health fair and community outreach events
- Assist developing recruitment events.
- Develop new member support materials
Requirements: Skills, knowledge and abilities required to be considered for the position of membership:
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Does not have to be everyday.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About AMVETS NATIONAL SERVICE FOUNDATION
4647 FORBES BLVD, LANHAM, MD 20706, US
To enhance and safeguard the entitlements for all American Veterans who have served honorably and to improve the quality of life for them, their families, and the communities where they live through leadership, advocacy and services.
As one of America’s leading veterans service organizations for more than 75 years, AMVETS has a proud history of assisting veterans and sponsoring numerous programs that serve our country and its citizens. Membership in AMVETS is open to anyone who honorably served, or currently serving, in the U.S. Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Reserves.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 1 shift
4647 Forbes BlvdLanham, MD 20706
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Days/Hours of work are flexible; however, primarily Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.