Calling all teens: Volunteer in your local community!
ORGANIZATION: Crossroads Hospice- NEO
Please visit the new page to apply.
According to The Corporation for National and Community Service, "An estimated 15.5 million youth - or 55 percent of youth ages 12 to 18 - participate in volunteer activities".
Are you interested in helping others and exploring career options in healthcare?
If so, this is an opportunity for you. Crossroads welcomes teen volunteers who are 16 years or older to donate their time and talents to hospice patients. Teens can help fulfill service learning hours while cultivating their social skills, boosting self-confidence and developing new talents. Volunteers decide how much time they can give and we will match their interests and schedule.
Join our team of volunteers and make a difference in someone's life by simply being present, providing support and offering companionship. A volunteer’s time is a valuable asset to our patients and their families, who find joy in the small gestures - reading a favorite story, listening to music, playing a game of cards or bingo, watching an old movie, or simply just "being there". Volunteers can also help create "Life Journals", which provides patients with the opportunity to leave a legacy to their family and friends.
This is a wonderful way to start, or continue, a lifelong practice of giving back to the community. The impact is immediate and the rewards are long lasting.
Contact us today to learn more!
Volunteering during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Volunteers are still able to visit with patients, as long as they abide by safety protocols. We also have volunteers assisting in the office and making crafts for patients.
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
Tuscarawas CountyPrivate Homes, Assisted Living, Nursing FacilitiesVolunteer in your community!New Philadelphia, OH 44663
May 20, 2022
- Relationship Building
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 45 minutes per week
- Flu Shot