Minneapolis Area Event Volunteer
4 people are interested
Minneapolis Team Volunteer: Promote and participate in events throughout the Twin Cities
- Events: Each event has multiple options for shifts. Volunteers should plan on attending multiple events during the year. Event sign-up sheets are shared in our Minneapolis MPBIF Facebook group. The commitment for you as an event volunteer is 1 event per month. Most of our events are on the Weekends.
- Participation in Fall Housing Database Verification Project: Once per calendar year we verify that all our listings have current information. Number of calls required depends on number of active volunteers.
- Social Media: Promote our cause on social media by liking and sharing our posts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram) to raise awareness of our organization, fundraisers, events, and general information.
- Participation in Advocacy Campaigns: Volunteers are encouraged to participate in advocacy campaigns.
- Communication: Check-in with Facebook group at least once per week and interact with/comment on posts when requested.
- Activity Reporting: Track and share time spent and details of tasks
- Professionalism: Conduct yourself in a positive, welcoming, appropriate, and ethical manner at all times when participating in conversations with community members and always stay on message for My Pit Bull is Family.
- We ask that all of our volunteers are able to dedicate at least 6 months to our mission.
- Event Volunteer & Street Team: Commitment to Minneapolis area events as availability exists and ability to attend events locally to pass out educational materials.
List of accounts, equipment, and skills needed to perform responsibilities
- Facebook account and Facebook Messenger (for access to group communication)
- Email account (as a communication option second to Facebook)
- Access to a telephone with long-distance calling capability
- Access to a computer with internet with internet connection
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfort speaking on the telephone and in person at events
- Comfort using Google Docs & Sheets
- Comfort using Google Slides & Forms
If interested in moving forward with volunteering with us - visit Mypitbullisfamily.org/volunteer
About My Pit Bull is Family
po box 26262, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55426, US
My Pit Bull is Family is a 501c-3 non-profit organization based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with a mission to keep families and their canine companions together through ending housing and insurance discrimination. We do this work through having conversations with property management companies, conducting pet policy research studies, providing the nation’s largest housing database that accepts all dogs, and community outreach & education.
My Pit Bull is Family is a nationally known organization that was started in 2011 as a bumper sticker campaign. In 2015 the campaign became a registered non-profit organization and has been growing since!
We'll work with your schedule.
po box 26262Minneapolis, MN 55412
- Event Planning / Management
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: 1 event per month (on the weekend) & 6 month commitment.