Volunteer Eye Care Specialist Needed for Free Non Profit Clinic
Turning Points needs your help!
If you or someone you know is a Florida licenced Ophthalmologist or Optometrist and has the heart and time to volunteer even one day per month, Turning Points needs your help working with patients in their free medical clinic in a full equipped Eye Care Exam Room .
For further information please contact Director of Volunteer Services Cheryl Hedger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website at www.TPManatee.org or find us on Facebook.
We Love Our Volunteers!
About Turning Points
701 17th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34205, US
To Provide, Facilitate and Coordinate Services to men, women and children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in Manatee County, Florida.
Located in Bradenton, FL, this unique non profit organization has four major programs.
1) Open Door Day Resource Center is where the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless and homeless with a roof can receive help with basic needs including use of the computer lab, employment assistance, mail service, Food Stamp assistance, hot showers, haircuts, clean clothes and shoes, laundry service and so much more.
2) Medical/Dental Clinic which provides primary care to homeless and low income clients who have no health insurance and meet eligibility requirements. Dental is available for low income individuals by a dedicated Dentist staff . Patients who have no insurance and meet eligibility requirements may receive help with extrations, filling, dentures and cleanings.
4) . Veteran Services Yellow Ribbon Program targets Manatee County Veteran men and women and their families that are struggling with issues related to homelessness. This program assist Veterans and families through their individual needs, providing a "Housing First" philosophy that is not enabling.
5). Transitional Development Program assist the homeless, those served with an eviction notice and those requesting rental assistance to prevent becoming homeless.
We'll work with your schedule.
701 17th Avenue WestBradenton, FL 34205
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One or more days per month.
- Must hold an active Florida Licences