American Red Cross - Recruitment Team Member (Richmond, VA)
3 people are interested
Volunteer Services: Recruitment - Volunteer Recruitment Team Member
Assist the Volunteer Management team to implement the regional volunteer workforce recruitment plan.
- Leads/assists in the development and implementation of volunteer workforce recruitment activities.
- Recruits volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
- Meets with Volunteer Management team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
- Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities.
- Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
- Researches outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations.
- Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served by the region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events.
- Advertises and markets for open-call events.
- Assists new volunteers with initial online intake steps (i.e. submitting their online application).
5-10 hours per month, often evenings and weekends
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs.
- Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic.
Please specify location: Richmond City, Henrico County, Chesterfield County, et cetera. Office is located 420 E Cary; however, volunteer does not to be in office every day.
When expressing interest, please apply at www.redcross.org/volunteer and send me an email after you have applied to volunteer. Thank you for choosing to volunteer with the American Red Cross.
Applicants can specialize in a specific key responsibility. If unable to complete all key responsibilities but are interested in the position. Please apply and email me with your preferred responsibility
We'll work with your schedule.
420 E Cary StreetRichmondRichmond, VA 23219
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-month renewable
- Position to include office and field work. After successful completion of Background Check and Motor Vehicle Records check, volunteer can utilize a fleet vehicle for field work. Vehicle to be checked out and returned daily.