Stock groceries at local food pantry!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Be part of a vibrant team and multi-cultural team who receives food every Wednesday from Northern IL Food Bank. Upon delivery, we stock shelves, stow cases, and have some fun along the way!
Volunteer once a month or as often as you'd like. We need people of all ages and abilities. There are different jobs for different talents...We have a small team of lifters, pullers, and pushers of cases and pallets of food. We have another team of shelf stockers who don't lift anything at all. If you have the time and desire to serve, we have something for you to do.
Families, grade school, middle school, and high school kids on summer, spring, and winter breaks are welcome to attend with a parent.
Here are some things we do every Wednesday:
- Move pallets of food with a pallet jack - dry, refrigerated, frozen foods
- Break down pallets by food items
- Take some items to immediately shelve
- Take and stow other items in storage areas
- Take out trash & recycling
- Clean up
Email email@example.com for more information, or fill out an online application at stjohnfood.org.
2650 Plainfield RoadJoliet, IL 60435
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly on Wednesdays. Start at 8am or 9am. Finish between 11am-11:30am.
- Flexibility. Lift at least 5 lbs. Meet with food pantryleadership before starting.