St. Louis World Food Day 2019
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
On Friday, November 1, St. Louisans will join together in service at St. Louis World Food Day 2019, a hunger-relief initiative providing nutritious meals to children and families living locally and internationally. Packaging Partners register online for a one-hour packaging session and their registration fees ($10 students/educators; $20 adults), along with sponsorships and donations, help defray the cost of the ingredients, supplies, and distribution of the food to people in need. Leadership Volunteers sign up at no cost to volunteer in four-hour shifts assisting with the event's execution (i.e. set-up; training packagers; floor supervisors; reloading food bins; sealing boxes; clean-up etc.) At the 2018 World Food Day event, 470,664 meals were packaged for local and international distribution. Pre-registration is required ( www.STLWFD.org)
- Fri Nov 01, 2019 - 08:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Fri Nov 01, 2019 - 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Fri Nov 01, 2019 - 05:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
John Burroughs School755 S. Price RoadSt. Louis, MO 63124
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours
- All Leadership Volunteers must follow health department protocols by washing hands as well as wearing hairnets, aprons and gloves when handling food ingredients.