RANDOM ACTS INC
Deadline: Open until filled
Description We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the organization’s vision, tells a cohesive story and is suitable for posting. This person should also be able to manage volunteer videographers (remotely) who may be on site at various events. No travel is required or expected for this position. It is expected that the applicant will already have access to the equipment and programs required to complete the job. Software/hardware will not be provided by Random Acts. RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review raw material to create a story based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Cut and put together a sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running of the video
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Manage volunteer videographers remotely
This role requires remote-working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role. You must include a resume when applying for this position.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in film studies, cinematography or related field preferred
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.