Emergency Shelter Assistant - Ypsilanti
1 person is interested
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is seeking volunteers to help a local non-profit staff their emergency shelter that serves families and children facing homelessness. This position allows the agency to serve clients in need of emergency shelter before they transition into more permanent housing.
Tasks: Check the shelter to see what it needs and re-stock supplies like dishes, pots and pans, towels, bedding and then set it up like a hotel.
Qualifications: This requires a volunteer who can assist with short notice and has transportation. This would also require a volunteer who is able to do some heavy lifting and walk up and down stairs. Training is provided.
Time: There are no set days or times yet. Your schedule would be negotiable.
Location of work: Central office is in Ypsilanti near the corner of Huron and Michigan.
- Training from helpful staff
- Volunteer on your schedule
- Volunteer liability insurance to supplement your own medical and auto insurance
- Invitation to volunteer recognition events
- Meet like-minded people, make friends, build connections
- Feel good knowing you are helping the community meet critical needs
Volunteers must be age 55 or better to apply. Provide your phone number when applying.Email email@example.com or call 734-712-4325.
We'll work with your schedule.
Huron StYpsilanti, MI 48197
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training