During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
AT VARIOUS PARKS -
To find out more and to sign up please cut and paste the link below onto your browser:
Yoga Paddle Volunteers work under the direction and supervision of Outdoor Recreation staff to provide quality outdoor recreational experiences for visitors at parks and visitor centers. Volunteers may become involved with developing and providing (or assisting with) public Yoga Paddle programs in Santa Clara County Parks.
* Ability to effectively communicate with park staff, volunteers, and park visitors of diverse ages, backgrounds, and abilities
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships and cooperative relationship with public, staff and other volunteers
* Earn service awards and invitations to volunteer recognition events
* Learn about parks and meet and work with new people
* Share knowledge, skills, and passion with others
* Equipment is provided: Stand Up Paddleboards, Paddles, PFDs during these programs
* Volunteers do not pay vehicle entry, launching or inspection fees during when leading the programs
* Gain experience for Yoga Paddle instruction for certification without having to purchase all of the equipment
* Exercising and connecting with nature in our beautiful reservoirs and lakes of Santa Clara County
Check it out and sign up HERE: https://scc.samaritan.com/custom/502/#/opp_details/4223
298 Garden Hill Dr, Los Gatos, CA 95032, US
The mission of the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department is to provide, protect and preserve regional parklands for the enjoyment, education and inspiration of this and future generations.
Since 1924, when Stevens Creek County Park was established, people have given their time and talents to help make Santa Clara County Parks special places to visit. In 2010, nearly 2000 volunteers donated over 40,000 hours of service to a variety of projects and programs.
Become a County Parks Volunteer and see how you can play an important role in protecting and enhancing our parklands. What's more, our volunteer events are fun -- come join us to "Go Outside and Play!"
In compliance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ('ADA"), the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs or activities. The Department will make reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disability have an equal opportunity to enjoy our programs, services and activities.
If you need assistance with an ADA request, please contact our ADA Coordinator at ADACoordinator@prk.sccgov.org. Please give us at least three days’ notice if you will be seeking a specific accommodation.
We'll work with your schedule.
Vasona County Park333 Blossom Hill RdLos Gatos, CA 95032
February 28, 2020