2 people are interested
Emergency Department - Triage Desk Description: Triage is a French word for sort. And that is exactly the process you are helping with in this assignment. ED Triage volunteers are assisting the healthcare staff as they decide who has priority in accessing care in the second busiest ED in the state of Iowa. You are stationed at the main public entrance to the ED and are there to help in what could be someone's worst day. You are tasked with helping them through the registration process and into an ED room while assuring that we keep the "people in the patient". You also are helping people to find their loved ones who have been admitted to the ED. You will have contact with people from all walks of life and use your listening and empathy skills to assure that they have all their needs met and receive "the healthcare we'd like our loved ones to receive". Qualifications: To excel in this position you must:
1) Be exceptionally poised and mature
2) Be able to deal with stressful and high anxiety situations
3) Have impeccable listening and empathy skills
4) Be comfortable with seeing the less pleasant side of life
5) Adults and college students interested in a healthcare career, especially MD, DO, PA, are preferred
6) Be able to commit to a designated two, three or four hour shift weekly with rare exceptions Disclaimer: Disclaimer: Our volunteer assignments are on-going, we ask that our volunteers commit to volunteering once a week (2-4 hours) for at least 6 months to ensure a positive impact to our hospital. The volunteer shifts listed are all of the possible shifts for the assignment, please check with Volunteer Services for more information. Minimum age: 14 Availability needed: Ongoing Times needed: Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Morning: Afternoon: Evening: Contact: Volunteer Services
(319) 369-7213 (Work)
About St. Luke's Hospital
1025 A AVENUE NE, CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52402, US
To give the healthcare we'd like our loved ones to receive.
St. Luke's is 550 bed acute care hospital. We are nationally recognized for our heart services. Three out of four babies in our region are born in our hospital. We are the first CARF accredited Rehabilitation Unit in Iowa. We are the state leader in robotic surgeries.
We'll work with your schedule.
1026 A AveCedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Must be at least 14
- 2-4 hour shifts with at least a 6 month commitment