Greeters for the Dallas Public Library!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
If you're a people person who has a heart for service, then this incredible volunteer opportunity is for you. We're now looking for volunteer greeters for the 1st floor of the J. Erk Jonsson Central Library (1515 Young St.) in the heart of Downtown Dallas. You'll have the awesome opportunity to help direct patrons to either the Vital Statistics department, or other floors in the building. You'll be able to start on Monday, June 17th.
We'd love for you to volunteer for an hour at least once a week during the shifts listed below. We'd like to have two people per shift, and our greeting opportunities are Mondays through Fridays and Sundays: Monday - Friday:
9:30am - 10:30am
11:30am -12:30pm 1
2:30pm - 1:30pm 1
:30pm - 2:30pm
1:00pm - 2:00pm
2:00pm - 3:00pm
3:00pm - 4:00pm
If you're interested, you can volunteer in just 4 easy steps:
1) Click on the link provided to fill out our online volunteer application. Scroll down to "Greeter" on the Assignment Preferences section: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1020232491 2) Email email@example.com to RSVP for the next round of volunteer orientation. 3) Background Check
4) Sign up for shifts (link for online signup will be provided after your background check is successfully completed)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you soon!
About Dallas Public Library
1515 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75201, US
The Mission of the Dallas Public Library is to link resources and customers to enhance lives. The Library is committed to inform, entertain, enrich, and to foster the self-learning process by facilitating access to its collections, services, and facilities to all members of the community. All service efforts will focus on customer expectations and needs.
The Library will make available a broad spectrum of ideas reflecting diverse points of view and will provide collections that reflect the need and diversity of the community it serves.
The Library will honor its public trust by assuring maximum use of public resources. Furthermore, the Library will stimulate the awareness and use of libraries to promote individual enlightenment, community enrichment, and economic vitality throughout the city.
We'll work with your schedule.
1515 Young St.Dallas, TX 75201
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 hour, preferably per week