Aurora at Home is in need of compassionate, caring volunteers to support our hospice patients.
1 person is interested
Being a hospice volunteer with Aurora at Home is a rewarding experience. You will impact the lives of others, develop new skills and meet new friends all while helping people. When you become a hospice volunteer, you help create a comforting environment - bringing patients and their families more joy, decreasing their anxiety and enhancing their quality of life.
Aurora at Home Hospice volunteers provide support through direct patient and family contact, which is given in the patient's home, nursing home, assisted living center or hospital.
Volunteers also provide support though indirect patient contact and bereavement contact.
Direct Patient and Family Contact:
- Provide a smile and companionship to the patient and family
- Visit, share stories, read aloud
- Play a game, help with a project, assist with card or letter writing
- Share musical or artistic talents
- Provide respite care to relieve family members
- Facilitate a My Legacy audio recording between a patient and loved one
- Assist with light household tasks
- Place weekly calls for support
Indirect Patient Contact:
- Assist with clerical or office work
- Assist with hospice mailings
- Other indirect activities as assigned by the coordinator
- Attend wakes and/or funerals
- Make bereavement calls to the surviving family member(s)
- Assist with and/or attend Hospice Memorial Services
- Assist with the Grief and Loss Support Group
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Metro Milwaukee RegionMilwaukee, WI 53213
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must have sufficient maturity by age or life experiences, be in good physical and emotional health and have exceptional listening and communication skills.