CF Cycle for Life 2019
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
Volunteer with us on September 22nd at the Virginia Village Shopping Center in Leesburg, VA. There will be many volunteer positions available including set-up, clean-up, registration, food, greeters, and many more! Volunteer the entire time or part of the time! Any amount of hours is extremely helpful!
All volunteers must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs, be able to load/unload a truck, and stand for a minimum of two hours at a time. Volunteers need to be 18+ or under 18 with a parent/guardian present.
ALL VOLUNTEERS WILL RECEIVE A FREE T-SHIRT ON EVENT DAY!
After signing up, Jason will get in touch with you and your group for more detailed information regarding day-of volunteering.
For more information, please contact Jason Greenspan (Event Support Specialist) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-215-7426.
Event Description: Get your wheels in motion and join us on September 22nd for the CF Cycle for Life! We will ride through some of the most beautiful and scenic terrain of Virginia’s Scenic Byway, starting & finishing in Historic Downtown Leesburg, VA.
Fully-supported ride! Ride with friends, family, or co-workers and enjoy: 20, 40, or 65-mile routes! Delicious breakfast & lunch from local restaurants! Bike maintenance and fun rest stops! Post-Race Party & Beer Garden featuring local breweries!
For more information, please visit: http://fightcf.cff.org/metrodccycle.
About Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Metro DC Chapter
6931 Arlington Road, Suite B, Bethesda, MD 20814, US
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
The Foundation is the leading organization in the United States devoted to cystic fibrosis. It funds and accredits more than 115 CF care centers, 95 adult care programs and 50 affiliate programs, and more than 75 chapters and branch offices nationwide.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is one of the most efficient organizations of its kind and is an accredited charity of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is...Hope in Action
Until we conquer this disease, our team will work tirelessly to extend and enhance life for those with cystic fibrosis by functioning as:
- Scientific pioneers, blazing new trails in CF research;
- Fund-raisers, securing the money needed to support our efforts;
- Advocates, keeping CF a top priority in government, industry and research;
- Investors, funding drug discovery and development;
- Caregivers, linking patients and families to specialized CF care; and
- Family, offering support, information and resources.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is...Building on Success
- When the Foundation was established in 1955, children with CF were not expected to live long enough to attend elementary school. Due in large part to the Foundation's aggressive investments in innovative research and comprehensive care, many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
- In 1989, CF Foundation-supported scientists discovered the defective gene that causes cystic fibrosis--a monumental breakthrough on the road to a cure.
- The Foundation has played an integral role in the development and FDA approval of four therapies that are now a routine part of treatment regimens for many with CF. The Foundation is actively supporting approximately 30 potential new treatments currently in development--that's more than in the entire history of the disease. Our challenge is to find enough patients to join clinical trials to keep the research moving forward.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is...Still Making Progress
We are proud of our achievements. But, we still have much to do. Learn more about what the Foundation does to fight cystic fibrosis and how you can get involved .
Virginia Village Shopping Center11 Fairfax St SELeesburgLeesburg, VA 20175
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Shift 1: 6am-9am, Shift 2: 9am - 1pm, Shift 3: 1pm - 4pm
- All volunteers must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs, be able to load/unload a truck, and stand for a minimum of two hours at a time. Volunteers need to be 18+ or under 18 with a parent/guardian present.