Share your STEM skills with Girl Scouts! Little Maker's Daycamp
Little Maker’s Day Camp - Event Volunteers Needed
We’re hosting our first Maker day camp! At this day camp girls will discover how tape, cardboard, and scissors can make something spectacular. Girls will learn basic making skills: how to tape a paper standing up, how to rip tape, and much more. Volunteers are needed to assist with fun projects at this mini-maker week, and help with event set-up and clean up. Volunteers can register for one day of camp; full week attendance is not required.
The GSHCC STEM Center + MakerSpace is a place where girls can incorporate scientific discovery in their lives. Through a variety of cooperative learning opportunities and hands-on experimentation, girls will hone key STEM-related skills such as creativity, innovation, critical thinking and problem solving all while having fun and gaining confidence. Plus, they’ll learn about STEM careers and meet female STEM professionals while they’re at it.
- Experience with making or tinkering
- Interested in supporting the process of learning
- Passionate about encouraging girls to explore STEM and Making disciplines
- Comfortable working in small spaces and outside
- Experience working with children ages 5-18
- Can lift a minimum of 5 pounds
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
- Assist with hands-on learning experiences for girls in grades K-12
- Provide a safe space where participants can celebrate every attempt and project
- Assist with safety and supervision of girls in the STEM Center + MakerSpace
- Must be over 18 years old
- Pass a background check
- Complete GSHCC Volunteer Orientation (Phone orientation)
- Volunteers can register for one day of camp, full week attendance is not required
Benefits of volunteering in this role:
- Gain experience in facilitating and leading group activities for children
- Work in a diverse setting with an emphasis on building girls’ knowledge of sciences, technology and maker skills
- Be a role model in the STEM field for girls
- Expand your professional network; list volunteer work on LinkedIn and be recognized for your contributions and service
- Students: This position is eligible for community service hours (Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.)
6601 Elvas AvenueSacramentoSacramento, CA 95819
- Youth Services
- Math / Science Instruction
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers can select one or multiple shifts for this day camp. July 16, July 17, July 18 from 8:40 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older.