Walks at Eisenhower Park!
11 people are interested
Are you interested in a rewarding field that works closely with individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities? Would you like to share your interests with someone who enjoys it just as much as you? Partners Health Plan, a not for profit health plan that supports the lives of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, is looking for volunteers for The PAL Program.
The PAL Program discovers a member’s passion, interests, and matches up the individual with a person or place in the community sharing a similar passion or interest. We discover what you enjoy and how it could potentially match with a member of PHP.
- Female in her 40s who would like to take walks with a new friend as the weather gets nicer, play basketball for fun, and loves dogs and enjoys listening to Madonna.
How does it work?
- Meet with each other once a week, or once bi-weekly depending on schedule flexibility
- First outing will always be accompanied by the PAL Program coordinator
- Provide your own transportation to meet the individual at the destination
- Report to community resource coordinator with updates on the progress of outings
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of the program in addition to volunteer hours if needed. Must be disclosed in order to track time at the start of participation
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of the program
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers
Suggested Commitment: 6 months - 1 year
PHP provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.
About PARTNERS HEALTH PLAN INC
655 3RD AVENUE 2ND FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10017, US
PHP’s objective is to provide a seamless array of supports and services with the individual at the center. We are dedicated to keeping each of our participants healthy, happy, and as independent as possible while they pursue their dreams and valued outcomes in the diverse communities they call home. Working in close collaboration with families and other members of the community, PHP will continue the proud AHRC/ARC tradition of supporting the unique needs and wishes of the individuals in their care, fully integrating their supports and services, advocating on their behalf, and assisting participants throughout their lives.
Partners Health Plan (PHP) is a not-for-profit managed care organization serving individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (IDD) and those who care for them. With more than six decades of experience serving persons with IDD, PHP has the expertise to develop and coordinate a personalized Life Plan that ensures participants receive the essential medical, behavioral, dental, habilitation, and other services and supports needed to support each participant’s health, safety, personal preferences, and valued outcomes. We understand the needs of our participants and we work closely with local providers and community groups to meet those needs.
The PAL Program is a program built into PHP that discovers the members passion/interest and connects that passion and interest with a person or place in the community that can help to fulfill it. Depending on your interest, you can be a PAL to an individual who is a member of PHP! This does not only help the member to get out in the community, but it builds experience for the volunteer in the ID/DD world while exploring your interests at the same time!
We'll work with your schedule.
1899 Park BlvdWestbury, NY 11590
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Special Needs
- Social Work
- Must be at least 17