Walks at Eisenhower Park!
5 people are interested
Are you interested in a rewarding field that works closely with individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities? Would you like to share your interests with someone who enjoys it just as much as you? Partners Health Plan, a not for profit health plan that supports the lives of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, is looking for volunteers for The PAL Program.
The PAL Program discovers a member’s passion, interests, and matches up the individual with a person or place in the community sharing a similar passion or interest. We discover what you enjoy and how it could potentially match with a member of PHP.
- Female in her 40s who would like to take walks with a new friend as the weather gets nicer, play basketball for fun, and loves dogs and enjoys listening to Madonna.
How does it work?
- Meet with each other once a week, or once bi-weekly depending on schedule flexibility
- First outing will always be accompanied by the PAL Program coordinator
- Provide your own transportation to meet the individual at the destination
- Report to community resource coordinator with updates on the progress of outings
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of the program in addition to volunteer hours if needed. Must be disclosed in order to track time at the start of participation
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of the program
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers
Suggested Commitment: 6 months - 1 year
PHP provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
1899 Park BlvdWestbury, NY 11590
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Special Needs
- Social Work
- Must be at least 17