4-6 hours per week during office hours. Present in office at least 2 days out of 5.
We offer all of our graduates from our Development School for Youth (DSY) Program the opportunity to participate in a 6 week paid corporate internship. This year 45 of our young people are embracing these valuable opportunities in 29 different businesses across the Bay Area such as EY, Deloitte, Latham & Watkins, Dome Construction, Willis Towers Watson, and Stanford University.
Each of our interns needs to be onboarded (i.e. go through some HR processes) at their internship company and we need support in ensuring our interns are all ready to go on June 24 th this year.
The Onboarding Assistant will be:
- Communicating with corporate partners to map out the onboarding process at each company and ensure we understand all the steps e.g. application form, drug test, additional security measures, I-9, pay check processes, first day arrangements
- Working with our interns by ensuring they understand their onboarding process, supporting interns with any requests, tracking that our interns are making progress with their onboarding processes, helping them plan their commute to work and ensuring they have all the correct documentation e.g. I-9 docs, work permits etc.
Generally it is better to phone youth late afternoon/early evening and contact business partners early in the day so it would be ideal (though not mandatory) to have a person that is happy to come in AM one day and PM another day.
870 Market Street, Suite 823SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 4-6 hours per week during office hours. Present in office at least 2 days out of 5.
- For this role, you need to be comfortable phoning and email people and have an attention to detail because you will be tracking a number of different processes.