Kindergarten Prep Volunteer/ Assistant Teacher
6 people are interested
The Rocky Mountain Welcome Center seeks a dynamic, self-starter individual to assist the Kindergarten Prep program. This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of early childhood education while working directly with immigrant and refugee families. The KGP program focuses on preparing immigrant and refugee children ages 3 to 5 for Kindergarten in the U.S. School system. Children participate in guided classes two times per week Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:45 am to 11:45 am. The Kindergarten Prep volunteer will be contributing to the evaluation process, data collection, strategies for the program. If you are interested in making an impact and being exposed to different cultures, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
- Support Lead Teacher in teaching sessions.
- Provide group and one: one instruction with children and families in the classroom.
- Collect data, attendance and other information for evaluation purposes.
- Assist in volunteer recruiting and training.
- Assist in participants recruitment and retention.
- Interest in Early Childhood Education
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Passionate about working with children. immigrants and refugees.
- Passionate about working with immigrants and refugees and making a difference.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and/or other languages a plus.
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
- Students working towards a degree in Education, Early Childhood Education or related field are encouraged to apply.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ROCKY MOUNTAIN WELCOME CENTER
10700 E. Evans Ave, Aurora, CO 80014, US
The Rocky Mountain Welcome Center (RMWC) is an immigrant-led multi-tenant, shared space not-for-profit organization with the mission of fostering intercultural learning, understanding and integration among immigrants, refugees and the Colorado residents through programs and activities that develop supportive multicultural communities.
RMWC believes that the process of integration is a two-way street that includes immigrants, refugees and receiving communities--and that immigrants and refugees are assets to the community.
Together with our partners, RMWC seeks to build a collective impact that is much larger than the impact each individual organization would have on their own.
We have programs for:
- Linguistic Integration: English Learning Aquisition, Literacy for Adults in Spanish (coming soon)
- Civic Engagement: Citizenship Classes (coming soon), Community Information
- Education and Economic Integration: Kindergarten Prep, After School Academic Program, Public Speaking
- Welcoming Communities and Intercultural Understanding: Community Orientation (coming soon), Getting Together, Interfaith Literacy, Understanding How to Work with Immigrants and Refugees.
We'll work with your schedule.
10700 East Evans AvenueAuroraAurora, CO 80014
- Background Check
- This opportunity is for one or two times a week. Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:45 am to 11:45 am.
- Background check