Host a Spanish or French Exchange student this July!
Greenheart Exchange, a nonprofit exchange organization, is seeking volunteer host families for high school exchange students from Spain and France for 3-4 weeks from June 30 - July 28, 2019 (Spanish) or July 7-July 28, 2019 (French).
What is expected of me and my family?
- Provide 3 meals a day and a secure and inviting home
- Treat the student like a member of the family, which may include household rules, responsibilities and privileges
- Optional participation in group activities
Host families will receive a stipend of $100/week to offset expenses.
Who can host a student?
Greenheart Exchange host families represent the diversity of American culture. Our families are of varied economic, religious and racial backgrounds and include working parents, couples with and without children, single parents, adoptive parents, and empty-nesters. All host families complete an online application and each family member aged 18+ must clear a background check.
What will the students do?
- Arrive with a group of students, accompanied by a bilingual adult chaperone.
- Participate in ESL classes
- Go on Full and Half Day excursions during the week
- Spend evenings and weekends with their host family
- Share meals, traditions, and daily conversations with you
- Come with his/her own medical insurance and spending money.
How do I host?
If you are interested, please start by completing our group online host family application, here: https://www.tfaforms.com/236744
Choose Michelle Cahoon as the Local Coordinator.
For more information, contact her at:
Phone: 508-904-0498Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your homeNorfolk, MA 02056
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25