Teach Your Culture Through Food!
5 people are interested
Communal Cooking Volunteer
Cooking and food are some of the easiest ways to communicate across cultural boundaries. By assisting guests with cooking meals, you improve their travel experience and help HI USA achieve our goal of connecting travelers of all backgrounds to create a more inclusive world. We currently host two types of cooking programs: Cooking as a Second Language and Community Meals. Join this important work by volunteering with HI Los Angeles.
- Assist in the preparation and clean up
- Help guests in mingling with each other as they cook and while eating
- Answer travelers' questions about Los Angeles
- Time commitment of approximately 3-4 hours
- English speakers of all levels welcome
Contact Naledi Makhene for more details: email@example.com or (424) 309-1675, or visit https://www.hiusavolunteers.org/
For more information about Cooking as a Second Language, click here: https://www.hiusa.org/about-us/hiusa-news/edible-education-cooking-as-a-second-language
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world
- Help people break down cultural barriers
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
1436 2nd StreetSanta Monica, CA 90401
- Cooking / Catering
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- People 55+