Teach Your Culture Through Food!
9 people are interested
Communal Cooking Volunteer
Cooking and food are some of the easiest ways to communicate across cultural boundaries. By assisting guests with cooking meals, you improve their travel experience and help HI USA achieve our goal of connecting travelers of all backgrounds to create a more inclusive world. Join this important work by volunteering with HI Los Angeles.
- Assist in preparation and clean up
- Help guests in mingling with each other as they cook and while eating
- Answer travelers' questions about Los Angeles
- Time commitment of approximately 3 hours
- English speakers of all levels welcome
Contact Naledi Makhene for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org or (424) 309-1675, or visit https://www.hiusavolunteers.org/
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world
- Help people break down cultural barriers
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
About Hostelling International Los Angeles
1436 2nd, Los Angeles, CA 90401, US
"To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling."
Hostelling International LA/Santa Monica is a non-profit hostel dedicated to education through traveling. Aside from providing affordable lodging for our guests, we also offer free tours, activities, and communal meals. We are committed to enriching the lives of each guest that passes through our doors.
We'll work with your schedule.
1436 2nd StreetSanta Monica, CA 90401
- Cooking / Catering
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- People 55+