Board Membership Opportunity
2 people are interested
Join a Board for an organization providing transportation services for seniors and visually impaired. Be part of team to help further development the programmatic and financial structure of the organization.
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and build a positive professional working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in active, ongoing fundraising for the organization.
- Work in the spirit and mission of ITNPortland, and represent in the community.
90 Bridge Street Suite 210, Westbrook, ME 04092, US
ITN Portland is a nonprofit, which provides rides with dignity for seniors 65 and older as well as for the visually impaired 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for any purpose within 15 miles ofPortland. We use private cars and charge affordable fees. We rely on donated cars, volunteer drivers, donations and grants to keep our rides affordable, less than the cost of a taxi. Our goal is to keep seniors safe as well as making our roads safer for all users. Our personalized arm through arm and door through door service, allows seniors to retain their independence, quality of life and their family home without having to drive themselves.
ITNPortland Transportation Service
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Available for any type of ride within the service area, with no limitations on ride purpose. Rides are provided in private automobiles by trained drivers.
- People 65 years or older; or adults with visual impairments are eligible for the service
- Rides may be booked at any time; discounts are applied for shared rides
Serves: Buxton, Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Gorham, Westbrook, North Yarmouth, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Scarborough, South Freeport, South Windham, Yarmouth
We'll work with your schedule.
90 Bridge Street Suite 210WestbrookWestbrook, ME 04092
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Monthly board meetings, plus additional email correspondence and offsite off-hours work related to fundraising.
- Previous Board experience and/or the willingness to engage in a Board structure. Willingness to develop ITNPortland further, financially and programmatically.