Collections Care Volunteers
2 people are interested
Our Collections team is accepting applications for collections volunteers. Volunteers assist with the development and maintenance of the Seaport Collection & Archive. By working with an active museum collection, volunteers learn to maintain, research, and utilize historic objects. Volunteers have the opportunity to build a project based on one of the Seaport’s smaller collections.
- Research photographs within the Seaport Archive to confirm historical information
- Create individual object records in collections management database
- Scan and attach images of the object to collections management database
- Complete basic condition examination and summary recommendations in collections management database
- Rehousing object into archival storage materials for placement in storage
- Uploading history related posts to the Seaport's social media accounts
We'll work with your schedule.
705 Dock StreetTacoma, WA 98402
- Data Entry
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-16 hours per week
- Volunteers must be computer literate.