Homeowner Support Committee Member
4 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers that would like to serve on our Homeowner Support Committee. This committee fosters people-to-people partnership, which is at the heart of our mission. A strong committee bridges the "we/they" divide that sometimes exists and also empowers families by building on their strengths and walking alongside them as homeowners. The committee provides resources, guidance and education and builds a relationship with each approved applicant. We seek volunteers who will be a strong role model and support for a family in the process of building their home.
1. Have regular contact with the family to assess their needs and concerns.
2. Meet monthly with the Habitat staff to get updates on the build and sweat equity progress and report any concerns to the staff for resolution.
3. Join family at build sites on Saturdays, as well as classes as scheduled.
Key characteristics of successful Homeowner Support Committee Members:
1. Good listeners and relationship builders
2. Sensitive to and experienced with issues that may result from living on a limited income.
3. Skilled in a variety of areas, such as budgeting, home maintenance, yard maintenance and community assets
4. Willing to participate in construction workdays, which helps promote unity between the prospective homeowner committee
About Habitat for Humanity - Peoria, IL
931 N. Douglas St., Peoria, IL 61606, US
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat for Humanity strives to furnish homes for families in need of financial assistance, through building homes and fund raising through Habitat ReStore. Volunteers are always needed in all areas. For more information please visit our website www.habitatpeoria.org
We'll work with your schedule.
931 N. DouglasPeoriaPeoria, IL 61606
- Financial Literacy
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building