Looking For Our Mary Poppins ( Direct Care Volunteer)
13 people are interested
Pinwheel Place in Eatontown NJ is looking for fun-loving and compassionate volunteers to work with the children in our home! A childcare volunteer is someone who gives a few hours of their time on a weekly basis. They engage with the children by playing fun age-appropriate games, planning activities, holding, feeding or even on occasion taking the children on outings with staff.
Must be 18 years or older
A knowledge that this is not your average daycare or school setting. We may have 7 kids or 1 kid on any given day. The children in our care may have been through some tough situations and are in need of patience, love and care. We believe in a trauma-informed approach to dealing with destructive behaviors. Instead of asking what’s wrong with them shift your thinking to what happened to them. Patience and understanding are vital for this role.
How to become a childcare volunteer
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- Fill out our google form application that we will send to you!
- Come for an Interview
- Use Verified Volunteers to complete a background check (we will send you the link ). It cost about 30.00 dollars however, we are willing to work with you on the payment if you can’t afford this. We don’t want money to be the reason you can’t help children in crisis.
- We will give you a fingerprint form at the interview and you will go to get fingerprinted by going to this website https://nj.ibtfingerprint.com and then choosing the fingerprint technician that is nearest you.
- You will have a small basic training and a day of shadowing.
- Have fun making a difference in a child life!
About PINWHEEL PLACE
PO Box 257, Red Bank, NJ 07701, US
Pinwheel Place provides a safe place for children at risk for abuse and neglect.
Pinwheel Place provides residential care for children at risk for abuse and neglect as well as coordinating medical and/or psychological services depending on the needs of the child. We service primarily children birth to five years of age.
We'll work with your schedule.
43 Emma PlaceEatontown, NJ 07724
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hours weekly
- Must be 16 years or older Must be willing to have immunizations