Day-Camp Counselor July 17
We are looking for two volunteers to help out on any one of the following dates: Wednesday July 17, Tuesday July 23, Thursday August 8, Friday August 16.
Happily Ever After is growing, and we’re looking for volunteers to fill the role of Camp Counselor! Responsibilities Include:
- Working with another counselor to supervise 12 campers, ages 7-12
- Leading educational games and activities on the topics of:
- Animal welfare
- Responsible pet ownership
- All About HEA
- Leading animal interactions with campers
- Providing basic first-aid as-needed
- Following process to check campers in and out of camp
Our ideal volunteers:
- Are 18+ years of age
- Exhibit exemplary leadership skills
- Have experience working with children, preferably in a camp-capacity
- Are familiar with the field of animal welfare including shelter-life, adoption, and/or rescue
The minimum time commitment for this opportunity is oneday of camp from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, however we will gladly accept volunteers who are interested in helping on multiple dates.
Who we are:
At Happily Ever After we love to change lives. We have an unrelenting passion to make every single life matter. This passion is contagious and creates a unique experience that sets HEA apart. An essential part of that experience starts with each of us. We have a responsibility to recognize that behind every interaction, is a life we will impact.
When we strive to understand and connect, we truly listen and engage others. There is always something we can learn and discover to form a caring connection.
While it may be difficult for others to see beyond the current situation, we help others to see what could be. We dream big!
By doing so, we raise the bar and are always looking at how we can grow to achieve more. Each of us has further potential and will improve to be better tomorrow than we are today. We will be open to feedback as we continue to learn and grow from both our mistakes and our successes. We have high expectations for ourselves and each other because to do otherwise would indicate a lack of dedication to our cause and one another’s success.
Why do we do it? Because we get to change lives every day.
2255 Fox Heights LnGreen Bay, WI 54304
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training