VOLUNTEERS needed to help with care of therapy miniature ponies!
26 people are interested
Personal Ponies charity is looking for some energetic responsible volunteers who would like to commit to 1-2 hours a week to care for the 6 therapy ponies at our West Boca Raton location. No experience necessary as i will train. Duties would include cleaning the stall, fill water buckets, bringing the ponies in for the night and feeding them dinner. Our 6 therapy ponies have a very important job in the community so we need to take especially good care of them! Lots of LOVE in return for your volunteer hours! Please take a look at what we do in the community to make a positive difference in others! www.personalponies-fl.org and be sure to click on "photos"! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Include a little something about yourself and the best number to reach you. VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 15 YRS. OLD OR VOLUNTEERS AS A TEAM WITH A PARENT.
About Personal Ponies, Ltd.
OFFICE, 19474 Saturnia Lakes Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33498, US
Florida Personal Ponies, Ltd., is to offer a unique and empowering experience to special needs children and adults through direct interaction with our gentle and patient therapeutic miniature Shetland ponies, completely free of charge. Every child/adult can participate in his/her own unique way with emphasis on their abilities not their disabilities! We believe their lives will be immeasurably enriched by this experience!
In order to accomplish our mission, we:
*Provide private sessions (One on One Therapeutic Pony Time) with our clients at our South Florida locations
* Provide visits with our ponies to schools (With ESE programs), hospitals, rehabilitation centers, etc. throughout South Florida.
* Encourage and facilitate loving, trusting relationships between our ponies and the children/adults with whom they interact.
* Adapt our sessions to the specific capabilities and needs of each child/adult we serve, emphasizing what they can do, rather than what they cannot do, building an "I CAN" attitude!
* Every child/adult can participate in his/her very own unique way!
We'll work with your schedule.
Diamond House LaneBoca Raton, FL 33498
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Special Needs
- Must be at least 15
- 1-2 hours weekly