History of St. Rocco's Poetry (Book Project and Audio Project)
6 people are interested
*We are posting this opportunity for our friends at St. Rocco's Poetry Collective. See below for explanation.*
St. Rocco's Poetry Collective was founded in September 2016 as a workshop and reading series in Albany, NY. They now present a monthly group invitational reading series called "St. Rocco's Readings for the Dispossessed" and a monthly solo invitational reading called "KNOW," as well as special events including marathon readings and an annual salon for sound poetry and electronic art.
(1) BOOK PROJECT: St. Rocco's hopes to publish a history of their past four years of production next June.
They need to compile material (poems, bios, photos and captions) from a large number of contributors, and are looking for help to reach out to all contributors.
(2) AUDIO PROJECT: St. Rocco's is now has three years of audio recordings! These recordings need to be logged in order to make them more accessible. Once recordings are logged, they can start being used for a Capital District poetry radio program.
Both of these are virtual opportunities. Interested applicants should come to a St. Rocco's poetry reading to meet in person. The first reading of Fall 2019 will take place on Saturday, October 12th. [ Link]
About ALBANY PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION INC
161 WASHINGTON AVE, ALBANY, NY 12210, US
The Albany Public Library Foundation provides critical financial support to the Albany (NY) Public Library in order to help the Library provide education, literacy, career development, cultural enrichment and lifelong learning.
The APL Foundation’s purpose is to
- Benefit, promote, support, encourage and generally enhance the programs and facilities of the Albany Public Library
- Provide financial assistance and support for specific Library programs and projects, and
- Assist the Library Board of Trustees in making its programs and facilities more valuable to the community.
The APL Foundation is functionally integrated with the Albany Public Library.
Re-energized in 2014, the APL Foundation is building a robust organization to support the Albany Public Library's programs and services. The APL hosts one million visitors and provides more than 3,000 programs annually at its seven neighborhood branches. The Foundation is committed to helping APL maintain this high level of use and programming. The APL Foundation provides critical financial support to enhance education, literacy, career development, cultural enrichment and lifelong learning for all ages at the Albany Public Library.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Reading / Writing