5 people are interested
Overview: Youth Counselors spend their time working directly (one-on-one) with individual Club members, ages 8-12, who require extra attention and/or additional support. Youth Counselors work with children to help them deal with problems and act as mentors for those in need of positive adult role models
- Provide one-on-one supervision to a Club member in need of additional support (special needs or disruptive behavior)
- Interact positively with youth and guide Club member in their activities throughout the day
- Communicate with Youth Services manager regarding challenges and feedback.
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team.
- 2 - 3 years of experience working with youth
- Awareness and knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Comfort with setting firm limits and boundaries with youth
- Open- minded approach to negative behaviors
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Self-directed and a quick learner
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday-Friday 10:00 am- 4:00 pm; must be available at least one day a week