5 people are interested
Are you creative? Do you like to draw, paint, build or make crafts? Then the Makers Space is the place for you! STEAM Assistants help assist with teaching basic art principles and leading various creative projects. This is an exciting and interactive position open to volunteers interested in art and STEM-related activities.
- Maintain a safe working environment for the youth
- Help youth to develop and refine their various art skills
- Greet and check in all members
- Assist with all art projects going on in the room
- Assist Program Partners running STEM activities with youth in the space
- Provide ideas and feedback for potential projects
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Passion for art
- Energetic and creative thinker
- Background in various art and STEM-related activities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to multitask
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Youth Services
- Arts Administration
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday-Thursday 3:00 pm- 6:00 pm- Must be available at least one day a week