FUNFitness (Physical therapy) Volunteer
4 people are interested
FUNfitness is the comprehensive physical therapy component of the Special Olympics Healthy Athletes initiative. It was developed for Special Olympics Healthy Athletes by the American Physical Therapy Association.
FUNfitness is designed to assess and improve flexibility, functional strength and balance; to educate participants, families and coaches about the importance of flexibility, strength and balance; and to provide a hands-on opportunity for participants to learn about physical therapy.
FUNfitness screenings are held year round in the Northeast Florida area.
Criteria for Clinical Director:
A licensed Physical Therapist and a willingness to be a part of the Inclusion revolution! You will work with athletes and individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Special Smiles
- Feeling good about helping an athlete overcome the fear of visiting a mental health professional
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Receive free CEU’s for hours volunteered at Games depending on your agency, school or professional organization
We'll work with your schedule.
40 E Adams StreetSuite LL15JacksonvilleJacksonville, FL 32202
- Physical Therapy
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- One time 2 day training. After that, we ask that you commit to holding 1-2 events per year for three years.
- Up-to-date license in Physical Therapy in Florida. Preferable to live in the Northeast Florida area.