Strong Minds (Mental Health Care Worker) Volunteer
4 people are interested
What we do: Help us provide mental health screenings to our Special Olympics athletes: children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Events occur year-round throughout the Jacksonville area.
Who we need: Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers, Licensed Counselors, trained on-site to provide all-day screening exams.
Benefits of Helping Special Olympics Florida Strong Minds
- Feeling good about helping an athlete overcome the fear of visiting a mental health professional
- Enjoying the camaraderie of working together with a group of your fellow professionals
- Having the ability of increasing the number of patients in your practice: your practice will grow once word gets around that you work with persons with intellectual disabilities
- Receive free CEU’s for hours volunteered at Games depending on your agency, school or professional organization
We'll work with your schedule.
40 E Adams StreetSuite LL15JacksonvilleJacksonville, FL 32202
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- One time two day training. We ask that you commit to holding 1-2 events per year for at least 3 years.
- Certification in LMHC, Psychology, Social Work must be up-to-date and in Florida