Seeking Events Intern!
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
GAIN EXPERIENCE IN EVENT PLANNING, FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH!
Friends for Youth is a nonprofit organization that has been matching underserved youth with caring adult volunteers since 1979. For the last 39 years, we have been running mentoring programs for youth to provide them with guidance, support, and opportunities for new experiences. Our mission is to provide quality mentoring relationships for youth who need them most.
Friends for Youth is seeking an enthusiastic and organized Events Intern to play a vital role in implementing our organization's 32nd Annual Peninsula Golf Challenge, which is our largest fundraiser of the year.
- Communicate with local businesses to request prize donations and sponsorships via email communication, phone calls and mailings
- Design programs, materials and posters for the event
- Manage event-related social media posts and emails
- Assist with coordinating event logistics, preparing prize baskets, day-of implementation, and follow-up communications.
- 8 hours/wk. minimum
- Full-day availability to staff the golf tournament on October 7, 2019 (preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well and communicate with diverse audiences
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Passion for public service and youth development
- Knowledge of local community and resources
1741 Broadway StRedwood City, CA 94063
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Social Media / Blogging