Outreach Intern (unpaid)
Richmond Peace Education Center is currently seeking a Outreach Intern to help our small office both focus and develop community partnership. This is a great opportunity for current students or recent grads looking for behind-the-scenes experience in either the nonprofit sector, or those seeking experience in event planning and project managements.
- Assist with development of website updates, email campaigns, and social media updates;
- Develop and implement a social media strategy in order to grow RPEC's social media presence;
- Attend community event and report on community events;
- Aid in the planning and development of RPEC sponsored events ;
- Attend RPEC-sponsored events as needed.
- Experience with social media and website management required;
- Current enrollment in, or recent graduation from, an undergraduate or graduate program of study;
- Major or specialization in social work, sociology,Gender studies,psychology, English, or relevant experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude;
- A sense of humor!
How to apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing your experience, and any links or attachments showing your work to:
3500 Patterson Ave.Richmond, VA 23221
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- must be willing to attendd local events and report, endorse RPEC