Advocacy Intern (unpaid)
Richmond Peace Education Center is currently seeking a Advocacy Intern.This is a great opportunity for current students or recent grads looking for behind-the-scenes experience in either the nonprofit sector, or social media campaigns for businesses.
- Assist with development of website updates, email campaigns, and social media updates;
- Develop and produce content that can make RPEC's audience aware of the world at large;
- Be aware of national,local ,and international social justice movements.
- Attend community events related to social justice movement.
- Aid in facilitation of some RPEC sponsored community events.
- Experience with social media and website management required;
- Current enrollment in, or recent graduation from, an undergraduate or graduate program of study;
- Major or specialization in Communications,Gender Studies,African American Studies, Journalism, English, or relevant experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude;
- Proficiency in google apps and Microsoft Office Suite
How to apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing your experience, and any links or attachments showing your work to:
3500 Patterson Ave.Richmond, VA 23221
- Conflict Resolution
- Public Advocacy
- Driver's License Needed
- flexible hours
- Must be willing to attend local activist and organizing events to learn more about various causes