Keeper of the Books (aka book keeping)
1 person is interested
Do you have skills in the realm of business and money management that you would like to use in service of the feminine?
Do you believe that gratitude, generosity and receptivity are qualities worthy of cultivation?
If you answered yes to these questions then this volunteer opportunity is for you!
Shakti Rising is seeking seasoned and talented volunteers to work and play in our innovative model of the business of transformation
This is not a business as usual in non-profits volunteer opportunity.
If you want to be challenged to build a compelling case around work that is life changing, complex and difficult to grasp ( because our work is future oriented) that is centered around the feminine then you’ve found the right spot to volunteer.
Intrigued and ready to take the next step??
All the details are below and we highly suggest that you visit our website (www.shaktirising.org) so that you understand more about this magic carpet ride you are about to take.
Commitment: 10-15 hour per week with a minimum 1 year commitment (because we will invest in you and want you to invest in us).
Focus: The primary focus of the Bookkeeper is to ensure impeccability of the financial systems and Shakti Rising’s Quickbooks. This ensures accurate financial reports and data, provided consistently in a regular weekly rhythm that supports all programs and regions.
Energetic Job Description: The Bookkeeper is the rhythm keeper of the financial systems, ensuring that resources that flow in and out of the organization are kept at their appropriate candence, with integrity, discipline, attention to detail, and accuracy. The energy is like a gardener, who is responsible for tending the garden and working with the seasonal rhythms, the resources, and the full cycle of the money as it flows in and out. This person is the right hand woman of the Queen of the Green, or whomever is holding down that role, and provides regular up to date financial data to support the organization’s financial health.
Manage daily financial operations
- Process all AR/AP on time (bimonthly)
- Prepare and process all bank deposits (weekly)
- Reconcile all bank accounts (monthly)
- Salesforce reporting (weekly)
- Create Excel templates for various tracking needs (if can’t be done in Salesforce)
- Determining appropriate vendors and establish working relationships
- Assure that office supplies are procured and available as needed
- Produce monthly financial reports (per Monthly Report cover sheet)
- Establish and maintain working filing system, paper and virtual
- Provide weekly reports on financials to Queen of the Green
- Provide all event financial reporting
- Prepare financials for annual taxes
- Prepare all financials as needed for things like grants, donors, programs, etc.
- Nonprofit bookkeeping
- Salesforce input and management
- General office support, including file organization, office supplies, etc.
- Log and store In-kind donations received
- Provide support for director of resource development (tax receipts, etc)
- 3-5 years with small office bookkeeping, including QuickBooks, Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Prior experience in Business Management
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Prior budgeting experience
- Salesforce is a plus
We'll work with your schedule.
2211 O St.Sacramento, CA 95816
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- People 55+
- 10-15 hours a week