The Music Director coordinates and schedules all musical performances for Community Conversations & Public Testimony TV taping. In cooperation with the organization, they develop and coordinate with the appropriate contacts to plan and schedule performances. Coordinate musical guests and set up live performances for these events.
Music Directors select and plan the specific music for each event. They collaborate with the church, school, or creative team leaders to choose the appropriate music, and establish the right sound for any given production or performance. They also work to fully utilize the talents and skills of all performers to best display their abilities. Music Director of radio programs chooses the music to be played during the show.
Music Directors work with their musical groups to improve their skills and prepare for performances. They may teach courses to students, conduct one on one practice, and lead group rehearsals.
Music Directors conduct live and recorded performances. They may also accompany these performances with an instrument of their own. Music Directors are often the public face of a music group and get recognition for the group’s accomplishments.
Well organized and a strong leader, a successful Music Director is creative, tenacious and dependable. They have excellent interpersonal skill and shine in front of a crowd. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are seeking Music Director candidates with the following skills.
- Experience programming and hosting music programs
- Announcing experience, with clear annunciation
- In-depth knowledge of music
- Ability to use computers
- Ability to effectively recruit, train and lead musicians
- Proficient in at least one performance area, such as keyboard, organ, choral or voice
- Willingness to travel and availability of reliable transportation
- Experience in vocational church worship leadership
Community Conversations: Public TestimonyFamily Focus Evanston 2010 Dewey AveEvanston, IL 60201
- Theater Arts
- Keyboard Instrument
- Stage Management
- 10 hours per month
- Relationships with ensembles, groups, choirs, singers & musicians