5 Ways to Easily Volunteer
There are a multitude of ways to volunteer, but 5 are the focus for our
After training is completed our volunteers determine how much time they can commit to volunteering for hospice work.
We believe in benefiting our patients and families for their whole life.
1. Be a compassionate presence for a hospice patient. That means 'presence'. Being there
to talk, listen, play music (from phone, music from the patients younger years (Sinatra, Crosby, Dean Martin, Big band, etc) or read a book. We have a few volunteers who play an instrument to our patients. That is always welcome!
2. Be a presence. Be at the home with a patient relieving the caregiver and giving them an opportunity to go get groceries, banking, post office, and basic necessity type chores.
3. Be a presence. Listen to their story. Tell your story. No skills are needed except a listening ear.
4. Be a presence. Straighten their area. Some patients may not have a friend or family member nearby and simply can't reach their personal items, food, book, phone, etc.
5. Be a presence. Give a caring response. Many of our patients are visited sporadically. They may talk just a little bit, but your response, eye contact, holding their hand, is a caring response to them. Some patients have lost loved ones or a spouse and are now alone. So just listening and responding is a wonderful acknowledgement that they are STILL important.
We believe that our families and patients are important.
For a minimum of 1 -2 hours a week, or a month you can change a person's outlook.
We believe our families and patients should live their best life for their whole life!
Be a part of our vision. It really is a wonderful thing when you are part of a team that is making a compassionate difference.
Contact me today - Debbie Booth
Compassus Hospice in Colton, California
About Compassus Hospice
1461 E. Cooley Dr. STE. #220, Colton, CA 92324, US
OUR MISSION: Compassus Hospice is committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those with whom they come into contact.
Compassus recognizes death as a natural part of the life cycle, and promotes pain relief and symptom management as appropriate clinical goals.
Compassus affirms life and provides hospice interventions that will seek neither to hasten death nor to postpone it.
Compassus understands that psychosocial and spiritual pain is often as significant as physical pain, and that addressing all three requires the skills of an interdisciplinary team.
Compassus believes that patients and loved ones are an integral part of our Plan of Care.
We'll work with your schedule.
Inland EmpireAll of San Bernardino/Riverside countiesColton, CA 92324
- Elder care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment is based on the Volunteers week or monthly schedule. We can work with you. Realize 1 hour a week/ or for the month is the minimum.
- Drivers License, TB 2 step Test, Orientation (there is a protocol that we have our volunteers follow when visiting a patient in their home or in a facility, background check.