Disaster Logistics Facilities Associate
The purpose of logistics facilities is to find facilities for Disaster Response Operations based on requests.
* Survey facilities to ensure the facility meets requirements
* Determine condition of facility before and after use and determine and obtain needed services and products to open and use facility in a safe and healthy manner.
* Gather workers' space needs and assign accordingly, to ensure furniture and equipment needs are met, determining utilities needed, scoping building for repairs and ensuring they are done.
* Set up a facility tracking tool for all facilities.
* Filing agreements.
* Completing paperwork for obtaining, maintaining and returning facilities.
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to participate and contribute in regular meetings.
* Knowledge of facilities systems and procedures.
* Ability to seek potential space for the different types of Disaster Response Operation facilities.
* Ability to set up and maintain facilities for the Disaster Response Operation.
* Ability to arrange for utilities, service and furniture and to assign space.
* Ability to work independently and within a team.
* Is able to:
Stand and/or sit for two-hour periods.
Walk on uneven terrain and or bend or stoop multiple times a shift.
Work outdoors in inclement weather.
Able to step up/down 18 inches and/or climb two or more flights of stairs.
Spend hours writing, reading small print or on the computer.
Speak clearly on phone and in person.
Drive in day time and at night.
Location is Disaster Response Operations Headquarters or other work sites as assigned.
Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
Beyond Regional responses: 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
To volunteer please sign-up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Local Disaster Responses: a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day for multiple, consecutive days. National Response: 12-14 hour days for extended periods. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
- Training provided.