Disaster Casework and Recovery Planning Associate
1 person is interested
The role of a Recovery Service Associate is to support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities affected by disaster by interviewing and provision of referrals, assistance, and goods and services to begin and affect their recovery.
* Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards.
* Assess qualifications for assistance.
* Use the Client Assistance System to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards.
* Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving, and advocacy on request to standards.
* Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners.
* Be kind, caring, resourceful, knowledgeable.
* Demonstrate interest in learning about community resource organizations.
* Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
* Basic data entry and computer skills.
* Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
* Is able to:
Sit for 2 hour periods
Walk on uneven terrain up to 2 miles per shift.
Work in extreme heat and/or humidity or extreme cold.
Speak clearly on the phone and in person.
Work for long periods on computer or writing.
Climb two or more flights of stairs.
Drive in day time and at night
Work long hours under stressful conditions
Lift 20 lbs.
Location: any location clients are served: regional offices, service center or Multi Agency Resource Center, client homes, or may work remotely by computer and phone from home or any location.
To volunteer please sign-up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Local Disaster Responses: a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day for multiple, consecutive days. National Response: 12-14 hour days for extended periods. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
- Training provided.