Disaster Services Training Associate
1 person is interested
Use your love for teaching and help support disaster relief operations by volunteering as a Training Associate!
The Disaster Services Training Associate provides direct Disaster Cycle Services training on a relief operation. Trainings include classroom instruction, virtual instruction, or facilitating the presentation of video training within districts or geographical area(s) identified. Disaster Services Training Associates will provide course rosters to the supervisor for administrative completion in the online training system.
* Teach and/or facilitate various topics/courses needed on a disaster relief operation.
* Supports the facilitation of orientation classes, on the job and any other operational training needed.
* Ability to utilize the online training system for scheduling and set-up of classes.
* Ability to organize information and reports for training.
* Ability to work as team player and motivate others in team building.
* Good verbal and non-verbal communications.
* Ability to build effective relationships.
* Demonstrates good customer service skills.
* Ability to teach and speak in front of adult learners.
* Demonstrates good organizational skills.
* Ability to manage conflict.
* Good computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word) and knowledge of online training system (EDGE) - training will be provided.
* Is able to:
Stand and/or sit for two-hour periods.
Speak clearly on phone and in person.
Work for long periods on computer.
Climb two or more flights of stairs.
Drive in day time and at night.
Location of assignment depends on location of disaster relief operations. As a Disaster Services Training Associate you will respond to either local or national disasters.
To volunteer please sign-up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
About American Red Cross - Orange County
601 North Golden Circle Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Teaching / Instruction
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Disaster Response
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Local Disaster Responses: a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day for multiple, consecutive days. National Response: 12-14 hour days for extended periods. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
- Training will be provided.