Board of Director - Fundraising
4 people are interested
HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF CHILDREN AND THOSE IN NEED!
Board of Director - Fundraising
Please consider volunteering your time and talent to empower kids to make a difference in the community! Count on Kids, a Sacramento region non-profit, provides youth ways to give back to the community by hosting events where they can get involved in serving the needs of others. For example, our youth members assembled 100 backpacks full of essentials for children in a local shelter! Amazing, right?!
We are currently seeking to expand our Board of Directors with members who will provide expertise and effort related to raising funds to support Count on Kids and our mission. Simply put - get to know our mission, our audience and our programs and then lend your expertise to obtain funding from individual, corporate donors and grants. Generally, we are looking for your contributions to equate to at least $3,000 annually. There are a lot of different ways to accomplish this and it’s not as hard as it may seem!
Some of the responsibilities COULD include:
- To research, identify and contact potential donors
- Silent and Live Auction item acquisition
- Obtaining sponsorships for our fundraising events
- Openly supporting our mission and encouraging attendance at our fundraising events
- Connecting Count on Kids with local corporations to expand our reach in the community
These responsibilities have some flexibility. Ultimately, Count on Kids simply needs smart individuals that want to contribute to our success! Your contribution can come from a variety of different efforts. For example, do you work at a local corporation that provides financial support to the nonprofit if you’re a Board Member? That’s an easy way to contribute and would free up your time to help in other areas your passionate about!
- Attendance at board meetings (currently monthly, evaluating shift to every other month)
- Attend at least one of CK’s annual fundraisers
- Support at least one of CK’s community events
- Time required to secure fundraising $’s (filling seats at events, securing sponsorships or supporting fundraising pre & post event efforts)
Things of note:
- A background check will be required
- Since you are representing Count on Kids, a professional but fun demeanor is a must
- Experience working with children ages 3-18, helpful but not necessary
Benefits of volunteering in this role:
- We are a FUN organization! Fun is an understatement. We make sure our board meetings and events are enjoyable!
- Your involvement will empower kids to give back. Statistics show that kids that volunteer early in life; do better academically, socially and are less apt to get involved in drugs. You get to shape the next generation into awesome individuals!
- Expand your professional network; list volunteer work on LinkedIn and be recognized for your contributions and service
About Count on Kids
3941 Park Drive, Suite 20 #455, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
Our mission is to create tomorrow's socially conscious leaders through participation in and facilitation of community improvement projects.
Count on Kids, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is not only helping the kids in the community but all those in need across the globe. Our mission is to create tomorrow’s socially conscious leaders - individuals that will make a positive difference in the world. Our journey with children starts from a young age, encouraging them to go from a "me" perspective to a "we" perspective and follows them into young adulthood where we guide them in crafting their own community improvement projects.
We'll work with your schedule.
3941 Park Drive, Suite 20 #455El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
- Youth Services
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Child Development
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training