15 people are interested
Seeking Governing Council Members
ORGANIZATION: Maternal Mental Health NOW
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Maternal Mental Health NOW has made an incredible impact on improving the system of mental health care for Los Angeles' new mothers and families since it was founded in 2007. Last year alone, Maternal Mental Health NOW facilitated comprehensive training on perinatal mental health for 45 organizations, reaching over 2,500 health care and community-based providers serving pregnant and postpartum women across LA County. Despite these accomplishments, there is much more work to be done. Recent legislation at the state level promises to increase demand for our training and capacity building services. We are seeking committed and compassionate individuals who are willing to contribute their time, knowledge, connections and power to lead us through the next stage of growth.
Maternal Mental Health NOW's Governing Council provides leadership and oversight for Maternal Mental Health NOW’s overall strategic direction, fiduciary responsibility, and achievement of outcomes. Roles and responsibilities of Governing Council members include:
- Contribute to the organization’s annual strategic goals, objectives, activities, and outcomes;
- Review and approve organization's annual operating budget and fundraising plan;
- Select, support and evaluate the Executive Director;
- Advise Maternal Mental Health NOW’s Executive Director on fiscal and programmatic issues as needed;
- Recruit new Governing Council members;
- Evaluate Governing Council effectiveness annually;
- Represent Maternal Mental Health NOW in public forums, with funders, and other stakeholders;
- Contribute to the financial sustainability of Maternal Mental Health NOW through financial contributions and fundraising activities;
- Attend bimonthly Governing Council meetings;
- Serve on at least one Governing Council subcommittee - Governance, Finance & Fundraising.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Maternal Mental Health NOW
1000. N. Alameda Street Suite 240, Los Angeles, CA 90012, US
The mission of Maternal Mental Health NOW is to remove barriers to the prevention, screening and treatment of prenatal and postpartum depression in Los Angeles County.
Highly treatable and often preventable, perinatal depression and related mood disorders are often not diagnosed due to lack of screening, inaccessibility of informed treatment, stigma and lack of reimbursement from payors. Maternal Mental Health NOW works to remove these barriers through a multi-faceted approach. Our programs include: (1) Training & Technical Assistance - increases perinatal depression screening, referral and treatment rates by offering trainings and hands-on technical assistance to a wide range of health care, social service and community-based agencies across Los Angeles County; (2) Policy & Advocacy - develops and advocates for public policies at the county, state and national levels that increase access to perinatal mental health care in obstetrical, primary care and pediatric settings; and (3) Public Awareness - utilizes a variety of grassroots strategies to reduce the stigma attached to perinatal depression, including the distribution of educational materials, organization of community events and the recruitment of women to our Share Your Stories Speakers Bureau. Programs take place across Los Angeles County.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 16, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Legal (General)
- Business Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- IT Consulting
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per month