Weekend Repack in Hunts Point (BRONX)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
One Saturday each month, we welcome volunteers of all ages to our Warehouse & Distribution Center in the Bronx, uniting in an effort to repack thousands of pounds of donated food to be distributed to those in need across New York City.
Get ready to sort, pack, box, weigh, and label to get these much-needed food items out the door to fellow New Yorkers.
Large groups and families are welcome. Choose one or both Saturday shifts:
Morning Shift: 10:00am-12:30pm
Afternoon Shift: 1:30pm-4:00pm
- This project will take place at our Warehouse at 355 Food Center Drive in Hunts Point in the Bronx (6 train to Hunts Point, then Bx6 to Food Center Drive/Hunts Point Market.)
- Volunteers age 5 and up are welcome. (NOTE: High school students may attend independently if they bring Food Bank's youth volunteer waiver completed by a parent or guardian. Email email@example.com to request a copy of the youth waiver. Youth in middle or elementary school must be accompanied by at least one adult per five youth.)
- Please wear sturdy closed-toe shoes and refrain from wearing jewelry that may slip off while working.
- While the project is indoors, some areas of our Warehouse are not temperature-controlled. Please bring extra layers to stay comfortable throughout your shift.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sat Oct 19, 2019 - 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Sat Oct 19, 2019 - afternoon / 01:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- Sat Nov 16, 2019 - afternoon / 01:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- Sat Dec 14, 2019 - 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Sat Dec 14, 2019 - afternoon / 01:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
355 Food Center DriveBronx, NY 10474
- People 55+
- Must be at least 5