Go Orange Weekend Repack in Hunts Point (BRONX)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
September is Hunger Action Month which means it’s time for Food Bank For New York City’s 14th annual Go Orange to End Hunger(tm) campaign. Go Orange is a citywide call to action to support the 1.4 million New Yorkers who rely on Food Bank and its citywide network of charities. Every year, we work with corporate partners, celebrities, restaurants, retailers, volunteers, and friends like you to help us raise awareness, funds, and support for the fight against hunger.
Get ready to sort, pack, box, weigh, and label to get these much-needed food items out the door to fellow New Yorkers.
Large groups and families are welcome. Choose one or both Saturday shifts:
Morning Shift: 10:00am-12:30pm
Afternoon Shift: 1:30pm-4:00pm
- This project will take place at our Warehouse at 355 Food Center Drive in Hunts Point in the Bronx (6 train to Hunts Point, then Bx6 to Food Center Drive/Hunts Point Market.)
- Volunteers age 5 and up are welcome. (NOTE: High school students may attend independently if they bring Food Bank's youth volunteer waiver completed by a parent or guardian. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the youth waiver. Youth in middle or elementary school must be accompanied by at least one adult per five youth.)
- Please wear sturdy closed-toe shoes and refrain from wearing jewelry that may slip off while working.
- While the project is indoors, some areas of our Warehouse are not temperature-controlled. Please bring extra layers to stay comfortable throughout your shift.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Sat Sep 21, 2019 - 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Sat Sep 21, 2019 - afternoon / 01:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
355 Food Center DriveBronx, NY 10474
- People 55+
- Must be at least 5